Welcome to Hady Primary School
From the moment our pupils join us, often in our nursery at the age of 3, until they leave us at 11 in Y6, we aim to provide a nurturing environment, inspiring experience, and firm foundation for growth for our pupils. We hold high expectations for their academic achievements, but we are equally as determined to see them achieve in their personal development, particularly when it comes to the 6 R’s – the rules we live by at Hady:
- Be responsible: think about what is kind and what is safe and make the right choice.
- Be resilient: don’t give up – find a way to move forward even when things get tricky.
- Be resourceful: if you don’t know an answer, find a way to figure it out – fetch a ruler, check a book, ask a friend.
- Be ready: come to school and every lesson prepared to learn, to engage, and to achieve.
- Be reflective: think about your behaviour, your understanding, and your choices and consider what you’ve done well and how you can improve.
- Be respectful: demonstrate your care for yourself and others by using appropriate words and actions.
We hope that you find our website informative. Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions about Hady – we are happy to help and look forward to hearing from you.
You can follow us on Facebook here or by searching for the handle @hpschesterfield. We also use Parent Hub to communicate with our parents and stakeholders. It is easy to download from any appstore – just look for the Parent Hub logo.
We take safeguarding very seriously at Hady Primary School. If you are concerned that a child is suffering or is at risk of significant harm please contact Call Derbyshire on tel: 01629 533190 immediately.
Changes are afoot in our EYFS unit! We are excited to announce that from September, we will have a separate nursery alongside two smaller Reception classes. We have had so much interest in nursery places this year that we have not been able to accommodate everyone’s wishes for extra hours or morning vs afternoon sessions. This has resulted in disappointment for some families and in other families being unable to attend our nursery as planned. A designated nursery class from September will allow us to offer a mix of full and part time places, up to about 12 full time and 28 part time.
17/02/2020 - HALF TERM
24/02/2020 - INSET DAY
05/03/2020 - World Book Day - our theme this year is 'Heroes and Villains'
06/03/2020 - World Maths Day - Open Afternoon - parents invited to join us from 2pm
11/03/2020 - Hady's Got Talent - evening performance
24/03/2020 - Parent/teacher meetings
25/03/2020 - Parent/teacher meetings - 3:30 to 5:30
31/03/2020 - Lower juniors (Y3 and Y4) Spring Production - 2pm
01/04/2020 - Lower juniors (Y3 and Y4) Spring Production - 2pm
03/04/2020 - Easter Egg Competition
06/04/2020 - EASTER HOLIDAYS
20/04/2020 - FIRST DAY OF SUMMER TERM