EYFS – Mrs Millbank & Mrs Shevloff
Bears and Monkeys News
Spring 1 – For a pdf version of our Spring 1 Newsletter, please click here
This half term we are focusing on Storytelling. We are learning to tell stories, draw story maps, and then write the stories.
In Mathematics, we are counting in 2s, 5s and 10s as well as counting forwards and backwards to 20 and beyond.
We are exploring all kinds of measurement, using non-standard measuring. We are also learning about numbers.
- To read with your child. Each book should be read at least twice and be written in your child’s reading diary
- To practise your child’s word pot words and ensure they are in school daily.
- Please ensure that all clothing is named and weather appropriate.
Your child’s PE day will be:
Bear Cubs – Wednesday
Monkeys – Tuesday
Your child will need the following items and please ensure that they are clearly named:
- book bag and water bottle.
- outdoor and indoor PE kit
- pair of wellington boots as we like to make the most of our setting and will be outside in most weathers.
- pare pair of clothes (these would be very helpful in case of any accidents)
- a weekly contribution of 50p will go towards baking, snack and EYFS consumables.
If you have any questions at all please do not hesitate to come and chat with any member of the team.
The EYFS Team
Websites to support reading at home. EYFS & KS1
1. Reading with your child.
2. Tips for supporting reading.
3. Helping your child to read.
School breaks up on 15th February 2019 and re-opens on 25th February 2019