EYFS – Mrs Millbank & Mrs Shevloff
Dear Parents and Carers of FS2 Monkeys and Bear Cubs,
Welcome to the EYFS unit. Your child has an exciting and fun-filled year ahead and we are all looking forward to being part of your child’s early education. Our Autumn 1 topics are:
Who lives in the woods?
Signs of Autumn.
Here is some key information for you:
- Your child will be given a reading book, which will be changed twice a week. They will also have a reading diary. Please record in the diary when your child has read to you, this will ensure the book is changed.
- Your child will also have a word box that will have a selection of words in for them to practise. Please ensure that these word boxes stay in their book bags so that we can assess them during the week. Once your child has learnt them, new words will be given.
- Your child will be given on orange phonics book. This book is for your child to keep and to share with you, it shows the actions and order of the sounds learnt
- We will be sending home the handwriting letters for your child to practise.
Your child’s PE day will be:
Bear Cubs – Wednesday
Monkeys – Tuesday
Your child will need the following items and please ensure that they are clearly named:
- book bag and water bottle.
- outdoor and indoor PE kit
- pair of wellington boots as we like to make the most of our setting and will be outside in most weathers.
- pare pair of clothes (these would be very helpful in case of any accidents)
- a weekly contribution of 50p will go towards baking, snack and EYFS consumables.
If you have any questions at all please do not hesitate to come and chat with any member of the team.
The EYFS Team
Websites to support reading at home. EYFS & KS1
1. Reading with your child.
2. Tips for supporting reading.
3. Helping your child to read.
School closes for the October break on Thursday 25.10.2018 and school re-opens on Monday 05.11.2018