YR 1/2 – Miss Hill
Hady Primary School
Dear parents or carers of The Wise Owls,
Welcome back to school! I trust you have had an enjoyable summer and that your children’s batteries are recharged, ready for the year ahead.
Here is some information you may find useful about the term ahead:
- PE days are Tuesday and Thursday.
Please ensure your child has both an indoor and outdoor kit which is named. Long hair should be tied back and earrings removed on these days. Earrings cannot be taped up or removed by staff.
On Tuesdays, your child will bring home a spelling book with the week’s spellings in. Please encourage your child to practise their spellings in the book during the week and return it the following Monday.
- Please can your child have a school book bag rather than a rucksack style bag.
- Please ensure that your child has a water bottle in school every day.
- To help your child develop independence and confidence, please can you encourage them to adopt the following routines:
- Say goodbye in the playground and come into school by themselves
- Hand in letters, trip money, dinner money etc by themselves
- Bring their book bag into school each day
- Bring their spelling book back to school on Mondays
- Finally, I hope your child will have an enjoyable time at school over the next year. I am always very happy to see you if you have any concerns, no matter how small. Please feel free to come and see me after school or if urgent, before.
I look forward to getting to know your child and you over the coming year.
Miss L Hill
Websites to support reading at home. EYFS & KS1
1. Reading with your child.
2. Tips for supporting reading.
3. Helping your child to read.
Phonics Club Phonics Club is open to all children in Year 1 and 2 and their parent or carer on Tuesdays until 4.00pm.
Please follow the link below for details of the Year 2 Lea Green 2017 trip
School Closes on Thursday 19th October 2017 and re-opens on Monday 30th October 2017
- For our full school diary see 'our schools app' guidance available in the parents section.