Yr 3 – Mrs Mulroy – Ogston
General information about The Meerkats (Year 3)
- Teaching staff: Mrs Mulroy (class teacher), Mrs Goodwiin (class TA), Mr Shaw (TA for PE), Mr Hague (Qualitas sports coach) and Mrs Wigley (Topic).
- PE days are Tuesday and Wednesday.
Please ensure your child has both an indoor and outdoor kit which is named. Long hair should be tied back and earrings removed on these days.
- On Mondays, we will have a spelling test and grammar hammer or maths skills check. On Fridays we will have timed times tables test.
- Homework will be set on Mondays. Each week your child will have: spellings, times tables, grammar hammer sheet or maths skills check sheet, and daily reading.
- Our topics this term are Wonderous World – exploring extreme weather conditions, volcanoes, tornadoes; and Cracking Cavemen – studying changes in Britain from the stone age to the iron age.
- Our Science topics are Plants and Animals including humans.
- From time to time, we will ask the children to find out at home about an aspect of topic that we are learning about. We use this work to share in class and support our learning.
- Please ensure that your child has a water bottle and healthy snack for break each day.
- Your child needs to bring their book bag to school every day. The school book bag rather than a rucksack is preferable.
If you have any queries or wish to discuss anything, no matter how small, please do not hesitate to come and talk to me. The end of the day is usually better as there is more time.
Thank you for your support.
Mrs. S. Mulroy
School Closes on 15th February 2018 and re-opens on 26th February 2018
06/02/2018 - Open afternoon for parents/carers & friends - Safety week 2.00pm to 3.00pm