Yr 3 – Mrs Mulroy – Ogston
I hope your child will have an enjoyable time at school over the next year. As always, I am very happy to see you if you have any concerns, no matter how small. Please feel free to come and see me after school or if urgent, before.
Here is some information you may find useful about the year ahead:
- Teaching staff: Mrs Mulroy (class teacher), Miss Bradley (class TA in mornings), Mr Shaw (TA for PE), Mr Hague (Qualitas sports coach) and Mrs Wigley (French).
- PE days are Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Please ensure your child has both an indoor and outdoor kit which is named. Long hair should be tied back and earrings removed on these days.
- On Mondays, we will have a spelling test, times table test and grammar hammer or maths skills check.
- Homework will be set on Mondays. Each week your child will have: spellings, times tables, grammar hammer sheet or maths skills check sheet, and daily reading.
- Our topics this term are World War 1 followed by World War 2.
- Books we will be reading at the start of term are The Tunnel and Romeo and Juliet.
- Please ensure that your child has a water bottle and snack for break each day.
- Please ensure that your child brings their book bag to school every day. The school book bag rather than a rucksack is preferable.
If you have any queries or wish to discuss anything, no matter how small, please do not hesitate to come and talk to me. The end of the day is usually better as there is more time.
Thank you for your support.
Yours sincerely Mrs. S. Mulroy
School Closes on 19th December 2017 & Opens again on 3rd January 2018
22/11/2017 - We will be holding an open morning on 22nd November at 9.00am for parents who are considering our FS2 class in September 2018. If you would like to book a place and meet the team and have a guided tour of the school please ring and book a place on 01246 279254.
If your child was born between 1st September 2013 and 31st August 2014 they will be eligible to start school in September 2018. The portal opens on 13th November 2017 and you should apply by 15th January, your offer of a place in a school will be made on 16th April 2018.