Yr 3 – Mrs Mulroy – Ogston
General information about The Meerkats (Year 3) Summer Term
- Teaching staff: Mrs Mulroy (class teacher), Mrs Goodwiin (class TA), Mr Shaw (TA for PE), Mr Hague (Qualitas sports coach) and Mrs Wigley (Topic).
- PE days are Tuesday and Wednesday.
Please ensure your child has both an indoor and outdoor kit which is named. Long hair should be tied back and earrings removed on these days.
- On Mondays, we will have a spelling test and grammar hammer or maths skills check. On Wednesdays we will have timed times tables test.
- Each week your child will have: spellings, times tables, maths skills check sheet, and daily reading.
- Our topics this term are The Circus – exploring stories about the circus and magic; and learning circus skills (with some special visitors); and Summer Bonanza – exploring a decade from the 50s to the present day (to be decided).
- Our Science topics are Forces and Magnetism and Light.
- From time to time, we will ask the children to find out at home about an aspect of topic that we are learning about. We use this work to share in class and support our learning.
- Please ensure that your child has a water bottle and healthy snack for break each day.
- Your child needs to bring their book bag to school every day. The school book bag rather than a rucksack is preferable.
If you have any queries or wish to discuss anything, no matter how small, please do not hesitate to come and talk to me. The end of the day is usually better as there is more time.
Thank you for your support.
Mrs. S. Mulroy
School closes for the Bank holiday for one day on 07.05.2018 re-opens on 08.05.2018. Spring bank week - school closes on 25.05.2018 at 3.15pm and re-opens on 04.06.2018. Inset day on 22.06.2018 and school will be closed to children.