Yr 3 – Mrs Mulroy – Ogston
I hope your child will have an enjoyable time at school over the next year. As always, I am very happy to see you if you have any concerns, no matter how small. Please feel free to come and see me after school or if urgent, before.
Here is some information you may find useful about the year ahead:
- Teaching staff: Mrs Mulroy (class teacher), Miss Bradley (class TA in mornings), Miss Widdowson (trainee teacher), Mr Shaw (TA for PE), Mrs Hague (Qualitas sports coach) and Mrs Wigley (French).
- PE days are Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Please ensure your child has both an indoor and outdoor kit which is named. Long hair should be tied back and earrings removed on these days.
- On Mondays, we will have a spelling test, times table test and grammar hammer or maths skills check.
- Homework will be set on Mondays. Each week your child will have: spellings, times tables, grammar hammer sheet or maths skills check sheet, and daily reading.
- Our topics this term are World War 1 followed by World War 2.
- Books we will be reading at the start of term are The Tunnel and Romeo and Juliet.
- Please ensure that your child has a water bottle and snack for break each day.
- Please ensure that your child brings their book bag to school every day. The school book bag rather than a rucksack is preferable.
If you have any queries or wish to discuss anything, no matter how small, please do not hesitate to come and talk to me. The end of the day is usually better as there is more time.
Thank you for your support.
Yours sincerely Mrs. S. Mulroy
School Closes on Thursday 19th October 2017 and re-opens on Monday 30th October 2017
- For our full school diary see 'our schools app' guidance available in the parents section.