YR 2 – Mrs Mulroy
Dear parents or carers of The Meerkats,
Here is some information you may find useful:
- PE days are Monday and Wednesday.
Please ensure your child has both an indoor and outdoor kit which is named. Long hair should be tied back and earrings removed on these days.
- On Fridays, your child will bring home a spelling book with the week’s spellings in and homework in their homework book. Please encourage your child to practise their spellings in the spelling book during the week and complete the homework activity. Books should be returned the following Friday.
- Our topics this year are: Autumn, Religious Festivals, The Great Fire of London, Keeping Safe, Dinosaurs, Healthy Living, Democracy Week, Creation and Plants.
- Please can your child have a school book bag rather than a rucksack style bag.
- Please ensure that your child has a water bottle in school every day.
To help your child develop independence and confidence, please can you encourage them to adopt the following routines:
- Say goodbye in the playground and come into school by themselves
- Hand in letters, trip money, dinner money etc by themselves
- Bring their book bag into school each day
- Bring their spelling book back to school on Fridays
Mrs. S. Mulroy
Maths Prompt Sheet
Websites to support reading at home. EYFS & KS1
1. Reading with your child.
2. Tips for supporting reading.
3. Helping your child to read.
School closes for the summer break on 21st July 2017 at 3.15pm and re-opens on Tuesday 5th September 2017 at 8.50am.
- For our full school diary see 'our schools app' guidance available in the parents section.