Yr 3 – Miss Bearder – Ladybower
Year 3/4 Spring
Our Topic this term is Scrumdiddlyumptious! Home learning ideas are listed below; we will share this during the week. How many can you do?
- Write a shopping list for your family’s weekly menu and calculate how much it will cost. Don’t forget to look for Fairtrade options.
- Keep a food diary to record the different types of food you eat over the weekend. Report back; in your opinion, has your family got a balanced diet?
- Make an alphabetic list of foods from A to Z. Is it possible?
- Make an information booklet about a festival that involves eating a special type of food. There are lots to choose from!
- Make a dish from a recipe book and take photographs to share back at school. Remember to wash your hands before getting going!
- Write an imaginative story which starts ‘You’re not going to eat me are you?’ said the…
- Make a fabric dye from a strongly coloured fruit or vegetable. Try beetroot, carrot, tea, spinach or strawberry. Try dip-dying an old white T-shirt or handkerchief into your coloured dye. What happens?
- Design and make an exciting sandwich. Bring it in to school for everyone to taste!
- Plan yourself a weekly exercise regime and encourage a parent or carer to do it with you!
Spellings Weekly spellings will continue to focus on high frequency words as listed in the National Curriculum and spelling rules. Spellings will be given on a Monday.
Reading Please continue to encourage your child to read at home. We always welcome book reviews and recommendations to encourage other readers in class. Do not forget to check out and read the Top 20 Must Reads.
Grammar Hammer This will be given out on Monday to be completed and returned any day but by the following Monday at the latest. Please encourage your child to complete this homework as it supports the grammar, punctuation and spelling learning, which takes place within the classroom.
Times tables A quick recall of times tables facts are an essential skill to support understanding in mathematics. Encourage your child to practise, as all children in year 4 need to know their times tables to 12 x 12 and the related division facts. Times tables will be tested during the following week. To reinforce times table knowledge, every child has a Rockstars log on. Please encourage your child to use Rockstars a few times a week. From this academic year all Year 4 children will take part in a statutory times tables test.
Maths Skills Check Homework will be given weekly to support and consolidate the learning in class. This is given out on Monday to be completed and returned any day but by the following Monday at the latest. Your child should use the ‘Prompt Sheets’ to support them. They will complete this task independently the following week.
PE PE will take place two afternoons a week. Please ensure that your child has both an indoor and outdoor PE kit, as we will be venturing outside as much as we can.
Indoor PE Kit – White t-shirt, black shorts and trainers or pumps
Outdoor PE Kit -White t-shirt, joggers, leggings or tracksuit bottoms, pumps/trainers and a hooded jacket or jumper.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT
We take safeguarding very seriously at Hady Primary School. If you are concerned that a child is suffering or is at risk of significant harm please contact Call Derbyshire on tel: 01629 533190 immediately.
There are currently no events planned.