Yr 3 – Miss Bearder – Ladybower
Year 3/4 Spring
Our Topic this term is Scrumdiddlyumptious! Home learning ideas are listed below; we will share this during the week. How many can you do?
- Write a shopping list for your family’s weekly menu and calculate how much it will cost. Don’t forget to look for Fairtrade options.
- Keep a food diary to record the different types of food you eat over the weekend. Report back; in your opinion, has your family got a balanced diet?
- Make an alphabetic list of foods from A to Z. Is it possible?
- Make an information booklet about a festival that involves eating a special type of food. There are lots to choose from!
- Make a dish from a recipe book and take photographs to share back at school. Remember to wash your hands before getting going!
- Write an imaginative story which starts ‘You’re not going to eat me are you?’ said the…
- Make a fabric dye from a strongly coloured fruit or vegetable. Try beetroot, carrot, tea, spinach or strawberry. Try dip-dying an old white T-shirt or handkerchief into your coloured dye. What happens?
- Design and make an exciting sandwich. Bring it in to school for everyone to taste!
- Plan yourself a weekly exercise regime and encourage a parent or carer to do it with you!
Spellings Weekly spellings will continue to focus on high frequency words as listed in the National Curriculum and spelling rules. Spellings will be given on a Monday.
Reading Please continue to encourage your child to read at home. We always welcome book reviews and recommendations to encourage other readers in class. Do not forget to check out and read the Top 20 Must Reads.
Grammar Hammer This will be given out on Monday to be completed and returned any day but by the following Monday at the latest. Please encourage your child to complete this homework as it supports the grammar, punctuation and spelling learning, which takes place within the classroom.
Times tables A quick recall of times tables facts are an essential skill to support understanding in mathematics. Encourage your child to practise, as all children in year 4 need to know their times tables to 12 x 12 and the related division facts. Times tables will be tested during the following week. To reinforce times table knowledge, every child has a Rockstars log on. Please encourage your child to use Rockstars a few times a week. From this academic year all Year 4 children will take part in a statutory times tables test.
Maths Skills Check Homework will be given weekly to support and consolidate the learning in class. This is given out on Monday to be completed and returned any day but by the following Monday at the latest. Your child should use the ‘Prompt Sheets’ to support them. They will complete this task independently the following week.
PE PE will take place two afternoons a week. Please ensure that your child has both an indoor and outdoor PE kit, as we will be venturing outside as much as we can.
Indoor PE Kit – White t-shirt, black shorts and trainers or pumps
Outdoor PE Kit -White t-shirt, joggers, leggings or tracksuit bottoms, pumps/trainers and a hooded jacket or jumper.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT
We take safeguarding very seriously at Hady Primary School. If you are concerned that a child is suffering or is at risk of significant harm please contact Call Derbyshire on tel: 01629 533190 immediately.
Changes are afoot in our EYFS unit! We are excited to announce that from September, we will have a separate nursery alongside two smaller Reception classes. We have had so much interest in nursery places this year that we have not been able to accommodate everyone’s wishes for extra hours or morning vs afternoon sessions. This has resulted in disappointment for some families and in other families being unable to attend our nursery as planned. A designated nursery class from September will allow us to offer a mix of full and part time places, up to about 12 full time and 28 part time.
17/02/2020 - HALF TERM
24/02/2020 - INSET DAY
05/03/2020 - World Book Day - our theme this year is 'Heroes and Villains'
06/03/2020 - World Maths Day - Open Afternoon - parents invited to join us from 2pm
11/03/2020 - Hady's Got Talent - evening performance
24/03/2020 - Parent/teacher meetings
25/03/2020 - Parent/teacher meetings - 3:30 to 5:30
31/03/2020 - Lower juniors (Y3 and Y4) Spring Production - 2pm
01/04/2020 - Lower juniors (Y3 and Y4) Spring Production - 2pm
03/04/2020 - Easter Egg Competition
06/04/2020 - EASTER HOLIDAYS
20/04/2020 - FIRST DAY OF SUMMER TERM