Our Ethos & Values
The Aims of our School
‘At Hady Primary and Nursery School we believe in the importance of high quality education for all’
We aim –
- to help every child develop in self esteem, independence and confidence through the creation of a school environment which is happy, safe and secure, and in which effort and achievement are recognised in equal measure
- to make our school a place of mutual respect in which children will develop an understanding of others’ opinions, beliefs and cultures
- to provide a sound basis of language and number as well as the knowledge and skills within the wider curriculum needed for lifelong learning
- to encourage a desire to learn through a wide variety of learning experiences and teaching methods that take into account the ways in which children learn and develop
- to help children develop sound moral values, a healthy lifestyle and to become responsible citizens who can play a positive role in their community
- to provide equal opportunities for all within the school regardless of race, religion, gender or ability
- to work closely with parents and the wider community to support and advance their children’s education
- to enable every child to fulfil their potential and to develop a love of learning they will carry with them when they leave us.
School closes for Christmas on Friday 21st December 2018 and will re-open in the new year on Monday 7th January.
15/01/2019 - If your child was born between 1 September 2014 and 31 August 2015 you will need to apply for their infant or primary school place by 15 January 2019. They will eligible to start school in September 2019. You can apply for an infant or primary school place from Monday 12 November 2018 to midnight on 15 January 2018. You can apply through Derbyshire County Councils website.
29/11/2018 - 9.00am meeting for FS1 (Nursery) children starting in January 2019 if you are interested in a place and would like to find out about our EYFS unit please ring the school office, we have limited places for 30 hours funded children.