Our Ethos & Values
The Aims of our School
‘At Hady Primary and Nursery School we believe in the importance of high quality education for all’
We aim –
- to help every child develop in self esteem, independence and confidence through the creation of a school environment which is happy, safe and secure, and in which effort and achievement are recognised in equal measure
- to make our school a place of mutual respect in which children will develop an understanding of others’ opinions, beliefs and cultures
- to provide a sound basis of language and number as well as the knowledge and skills within the wider curriculum needed for lifelong learning
- to encourage a desire to learn through a wide variety of learning experiences and teaching methods that take into account the ways in which children learn and develop
- to help children develop sound moral values, a healthy lifestyle and to become responsible citizens who can play a positive role in their community
- to provide equal opportunities for all within the school regardless of race, religion, gender or ability
- to work closely with parents and the wider community to support and advance their children’s education
- to enable every child to fulfil their potential and to develop a love of learning they will carry with them when they leave us.
We take safeguarding very seriously at Hady Primary School. If you are concerned that a child is suffering or is at risk of significant harm please contact Call Derbyshire on tel: 01629 533190 immediately.
Changes are afoot in our EYFS unit! We are excited to announce that from September, we will have a separate nursery alongside two smaller Reception classes. We have had so much interest in nursery places this year that we have not been able to accommodate everyone’s wishes for extra hours or morning vs afternoon sessions. This has resulted in disappointment for some families and in other families being unable to attend our nursery as planned. A designated nursery class from September will allow us to offer a mix of full and part time places, up to about 12 full time and 28 part time.
17/02/2020 - HALF TERM
24/02/2020 - INSET DAY
05/03/2020 - World Book Day - our theme this year is 'Heroes and Villains'
06/03/2020 - World Maths Day - Open Afternoon - parents invited to join us from 2pm
11/03/2020 - Hady's Got Talent - evening performance
24/03/2020 - Parent/teacher meetings
25/03/2020 - Parent/teacher meetings - 3:30 to 5:30
31/03/2020 - Lower juniors (Y3 and Y4) Spring Production - 2pm
01/04/2020 - Lower juniors (Y3 and Y4) Spring Production - 2pm
03/04/2020 - Easter Egg Competition
06/04/2020 - EASTER HOLIDAYS
20/04/2020 - FIRST DAY OF SUMMER TERM