Our Ethos & Values
The Aims of our School
‘At Hady Primary and Nursery School we believe in the importance of high quality education for all’
We aim –
- to help every child develop in self esteem, independence and confidence through the creation of a school environment which is happy, safe and secure, and in which effort and achievement are recognised in equal measure
- to make our school a place of mutual respect in which children will develop an understanding of others’ opinions, beliefs and cultures
- to provide a sound basis of language and number as well as the knowledge and skills within the wider curriculum needed for lifelong learning
- to encourage a desire to learn through a wide variety of learning experiences and teaching methods that take into account the ways in which children learn and develop
- to help children develop sound moral values, a healthy lifestyle and to become responsible citizens who can play a positive role in their community
- to provide equal opportunities for all within the school regardless of race, religion, gender or ability
- to work closely with parents and the wider community to support and advance their children’s education
- to enable every child to fulfil their potential and to develop a love of learning they will carry with them when they leave us.
We are holding an open morning for prospective Reception parents for September 2020 on Thursday, 7th November 2019, at 9am. If you would like to let us know that you will be attending, please fill in your details at the link found in the Early Years Foundation Stage section of our website (under the tab 'Our School').
We are hosting an open afternoon on the theme of Respect on Tuesday, 19th November. Parents, family and friends are welcome to join us from 2pm.
We are proud to announce that we have won a Derbyshire Healthy Schools Community Award for our efforts and hard work in promoting good mental health and well being at Hady.
07/11/2019 - Open morning for prospective Reception pupils for September 2020
13/11/2019 - Y3/4 trip to Eureka!
14/11/2019 - Jane Stapleton School Photography in school to take individual pupil photos
19/11/2019 - Open Afternoon - Respect. Parents and friends welcome to join us from 2pm
20/11/2019 - Year 5 visit to Parliament
20/11/2019 - Y4 visit to Derby Open Centre
26/11/2019 - Year 6 visit to Derby Open Centre
04/12/2019 - Y1-Y6 Parents Evening
05/12/2019 - Y1-Y6 Parents Evening
16/12/2019 - EYFS Christmas Assembly @ 9am
17/12/2019 - KS1 Christmas Production @ 2pm
18/12/2019 - KS1 Christmas Production @ 2pm
19/12/2019 - Whole school visit to the Crooked Spire for annual carol service - parents and friends invited to join us from approximately 1:45pm
20/12/2019 - Last day of term