Free School Meals
Free School Meals
Could your child be eligible for free school meals?
A lot of people don’t claim free school meals even though they’re entitled. That’s why Derbyshire County Council has launched the Quids In Campaign, to encourage people to check if they’re eligible. You don’t need to worry about other children knowing your child gets free school meals. Only the school and catering staff will know.
You could save £400 a year for each child and your children could benefit from a good hot meal at lunchtime. The school will benefit too – they’ll get extra funding every year from the government for each child on free school meals.
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
You can apply by going to www.derbyshire.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals. Alternatively, please contact the school office for advice.
We take safeguarding very seriously at Hady Primary School. If you are concerned that a child is suffering or is at risk of significant harm please contact Call Derbyshire on tel: 01629 533190 immediately.
ATTENTION PROSPECTIVE PARENTS FOR RECEPTION SEPTEMBER 2021
Due to the restrictions caused by the coronavirus pandemic, we are not able to offer our traditional open morning for prospective parents and pupils of our Reception class for September 2021. Instead, we have put together a virtual tour and introduction to our school and our Early Years Foundation Stage Unit. It is posted under our Early Years Foundation Stage page on the website, which can be found under the 'Our School' tab.
We are also hosting a virtual Question and Answer session for prospective parents via Google Meet. The meeting will be held at 2:30pm on Thursday, 12th November and can be accessed via this link: meet.google.com/abi-hiqp-vfp
23/10/2020 - Break up for half term
02/11/2020 - INSET DAY
03/11/2020 - INSET DAY